*PLEASE REGISTER FOR YOUR AUDITIONS BELOW*
Students age 5 – 18 are welcome to join us in this production.
Students and Parents must agree to all Policies on our Policies Page during enrollment.
6:00 Vocal Warm – Ups/Auditions
6:45 Scene Readings
7:15 Dance Warm – Ups/Auditions
What to expect at auditions:
- Students should plan to stay for the entire time 6-8pm.
- Students will sing vocalises/ warmups to demonstrate range, as well as participate in pitch matching activities (the director playing two notes on the piano and the student singing them back on “loo”)
- Students will be given the chance to sing their chosen song excerpt twice. Please choose one excerpt from the Google Drive Folder (link below).
- Students should prepare to read all excerpts from the Google Drive Folder (link below) – please read each one ahead of time
- Students will be asked to read at least 2 scenes as various roles – per the discretion of the directors.
- Students will learn a short 16 measure choreography routine to a song of the choreographer’s choice. And then perform it in smaller groups.
- To aid the directors in their deliberations – videos will be taken at auditions. The video will be kept by the Directors for use in casting decisions.
- Those students who we need to see again will be asked to return the following day February 27th at 6pm. We will email the parent contact email to inform you of this.
- The cast list will be released on March 1st 2020. You will have 24 hours to accept your role before the list is sent to social media.
* Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check-in, get comfortable, and meet your castmates!
* Students should bring their own water bottle to auditions, dress in movable, comfortable clothing (if you have jazz or character shoes those are preferred, or clean socks if not)
* Relax and HAVE FUN! No matter what, we will find a role for each student!
About the Program:
$65 monthly. Due by the first rehearsal of each month. Tuition due dates are written below-
March 3rd, April 6th, May 4th, June 1st
Discounts: Phoenix is proud to offer a multi-student discount for our musical. The first child’s tuition is full price, every sibling then has tuition discounted – 15% off.
Scholarships: Students that apply may receive a scholarship for siblings or individuals based on financial need. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-8pm at United Methodist Church – 444 N. Hawkins Ave Akron, Oh 44313. Beginning March 3rd through June 3rd.
TECH WEEK will be June 9th -11th at Buchtel High School.
Performances will be June 12th and 13th at 7pm and 14th at 2pm at Buchtel High School 1040 Copley Rd, Akron, OH 44320.
*If cast as a lead, students may be required to attend supplemental rehearsals to focus on their vocals and scene work. These may be held before or after usual rehearsal times.
*This is only our best estimate of what the schedule will be. Please understand that some dates and rehearsal orders may need to be adjusted.
*Official rehearsal schedule will be announced once the cast list is out.